Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Super Shuttle Is For the Birds


These bird sculptures are all over the historic district where I am staying.
Reminiscent of Omaha's "J. Doe" art project. 

I'm in Annapolis, Maryland, for a conference. 

I've never been here before. What I've seen so far is pretty. 

Other than the fact that our ride on the Super Shuttle from Reagan National Aiport was nearly as long as the flight from Omaha, it was a good trip. 

Don't know much about the history, although a plaque on my walk suggested that President Abraham Lincoln made two visits to Annapolis during his presidency. 

Annapolis is the home of the United States Naval Academy. I had a brother-in-law who graduated from there. We drove by the football stadium today. 

I haven't spent a lot of time on the east coast of the United States, but I have been to Rhode Island and Massachusetts twice apiece, and the terrain, architecture and vibe feel kinda similar (at least in the area I am staying in). 

Historic district by the hotel.

A business in the historic district had this unique Snoopy art in its yard.

Annapolis National Cemetery -- across the street from the hotel. 

A neat mural on some row houses on my walk. 

This mural is on the building next to the hotel.

Stay tuned for more travel reports!



Read yesterday's blog post: Yippee Ki Yay, Mother Pumpkin



3 comments:

  1. More details are needed concerning the Super Shuttle ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're out of town, so I thought I would share the news that UNO is playing a exhibition hockey game tonight. Tickets are still available. I thought you and Bridget might be interested in going. Alas, you are out of town. :)

    ReplyDelete