Thursday, October 25, 2018

Do These Pop-Tarts Replicate the Pumpkin Pie Experience in Your Toaster?


It’s the season of pumpkin spice. 

These days it seems like everyone tries to do a pumpkin spice-themed “something”...

I found these Frosted Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts at Wal-Mart. 

First of all, I want to say what a joke it is that the “Nutrition Facts” on the side of all Pop-Tart boxes only show the information for one (1) pastry. They know damn well I’m going to eat both foil-packed tarts.

But I digress. 

The reason you’re all here is to find out if “pumpkin pie in a rectangle” is a credible facsimile of the holiday favorite.  


Let’s just say they’re “not that bad.”

I’m not the biggest pumpkin pie fan in the world (I prefer caramel apple at Thanksgiving), but these Pop-Tarts are a surprisingly decent representation. 

It has a filling similar to the cinnamon-based Pop-Tarts, but the pumpkin is more subdued. It's not as strong as some other pumpkin spice foods. 

If you want to be all ironic and have a low-brow Thanksgiving meal, these pastries would capably complement a sampling of chicken nuggets, sweet potato fries, and chilled cranberry juice. 

They are also acceptable on their own...I guess. 

I’m just thankful they weren’t totally “underwhelming” like some of the other novelty food items I’ve sampled on this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment