Tuesday, May 4, 2021

This is the Way! My "Star Wars: The Mandalorian" Cereal Review


May The 4th Be With You!

A year ago today I reviewed General Mills's early 2020 incarnation of "Star Wars" cereal — the artwork on the box was from 2019's "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker." 

I enjoyed that cereal more than other "novelty" cereals I've reviewed on the blog (a number of which have been pretty bad). I wrote "it's fun, it tastes good, and it won't offend you." 

The latest "Star Wars" cereal landed on store shelves toward the end of 2020. It was a tie-in to the Disney+ series "Star Wars: The Mandalorian" and prominently features artwork of Grogu (Baby Yoda). 

I've noticed the cereal going for a premium on a number of websites, so I assume it is currently off the market (although I saw a customer buying it recently at a nearby Sam's Club). 

Luckily, I had a brand new box sitting in storage. Its expiration date is next month, so I figured it was high time to review it! 


The cereal itself is nothing spectacular to look at. The marshmallows are shaped like Baby Yoda's head. The crunchy pieces are little yellow balls (which are essentially Trix) that have a fruity flavor. 

If I were to describe the flavor of the crunchy pieces, it is sort of what I'd imagine "Pledge Furniture Polish Cereal" tasting like — an artificial lemon flavor that is just “okay.” 


I will also note that there aren't nearly enough marshmallow pieces in the box. I had to dig through the box to find enough of the little pieces for the photos I took. 

There aren't any fun coloring pages, activities, or games on (or in) the box. The only thing is this artwork of Mando and Grogu with the number "11" and the title "The Child" on the back. The same art appears on the rear of each box that is sold, so it isn't part of a "collection" of boxes with different artwork. 


While I don't know if this is the way to a satisfying breakfast experience, you could do probably worse than General Mills's "The Mandalorian" cereal (see my "Does General Mills Mermaid Cereal Taste Like Real Mermaids?" review for more information). 

Is it great? No (and there were missed opportunities to make the packaging more fun), but it might satisfy the little ones in your life. 

I have spoken... 

No comments:

Post a Comment