Thursday, October 13, 2016

Twitter's NFL Stream is Pretty Nice




I typically watch these games on my HDTV using my over-the-air antenna..

But I decided to also watch Twitter's stream of tonight's Thursday Night Football game between the Denver Broncos and the San Diego Chargers. 

There is a delay with the stream (as is typical with live content), but the quality is really nice.

If you go to @NFL on Twitter, they have information on watching the stream.

The iOS Twitter app doesn't allow direct AirPlay mirroring to my 3rd generation Apple TV, but you can mirror the screen.

If you have the latest 4th generation Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV or Xbox One, you can watch via a new Twitter app for those platforms that is dedicated to video. 

Pretty cool. I still think Twitter is an unorthodox choice to stream the games. But the platform offers a clean, quality stream (a benefit to cord cutters who can't watch the broadcast over-the-air). 



No comments:

Post a Comment