Monday, December 31, 2018

Book Review: "A is for Astronaut" By Astronaut Clayton Anderson


A friend of ours was kind enough to get Bridget and me an autographed copy of Nebraska-bred astronaut Clayton Anderson's new children's picture book "A is for Astronaut" at the Scoops of Support event for the Nebraska Friends of Foster Children fundraiser last year at eCreamery.

The book is more than a space-based journey through the alphabet, in rhyme and verse. Each section of the book also features a few paragraphs of fact-based information on the space program that adults and older kids will enjoy as well. 


"A is for Astronaut" features a series of colorful illustrations by artist Scott Brundage. 

I must admit that it has been a long time since I received a children's book as a gift. It brings back memories of my mom reading books to me when I was little — something I have vivid memories of to this day. 

Those stories stick with you in a way that later reading fails to match. 

Here's hoping "A is for Astronaut" encourages a generation of young people to reach for the stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment