Sunday, September 30, 2018

Are These Mickey Mouse Oreos a Birthday Party For Tastebuds??


I love novelty foods...

A couple months ago I wrote a blog post on Kellogg’s Unicorn Cereal. I reviewed the cereal because it was bright, colorful, and odd to make for great content. The response to that post was terrific. 

I’m back on the “novelty food" beat with a review of Nabisco’s Limited Edition Celebrate Mickey Birthday Cake Oreos (the name alone is a mouthful). 


I’ve sampled a number of these peculiar, special edition Oreo cookies in the past. I’ve had everything from Peep-flavored cookies at Easter to apple pie Oreos in autumn. 

Some of the flavors are good. Others taste awful. 

These Mickey Mouse Oreos are somewhere in the middle. They aren’t awful, but they aren’t spectacular. 


The cookies feature traditional chocolate Oreo wafers on the outside. The filling is somewhat similar to regular Oreo filling, but has birthday cake confetti pieces in it, and the overall experience leaves a strong aftertaste.

There are three unique wafers on the cookies in the pack. One features the number “90,” another features a party kazoo, and the third features Mickey Mouse. 


I hate to be a party pooper, but I wouldn't recommend this variety of Oreo. 

The “birthday cake” concept is popular among artery-hardening snack foods, but this is a party you want to leave early...



No comments:

Post a Comment